Housing Case Manager
Position description: Provides direct service to homeless or formerly homeless families in the areas of assessment, referral, case planning, advocacy, transportation, emotional support and practical assistance.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Function
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties
- Meet with adults and children in each family on a regular basis
- Negotiate goals for each adult related to housing, employment and other identified needs
- Facilitate referrals for both adults and children
- Regularly evaluate progress on case goals
- Attend regular meetings with other service providers to share information and resources
- Work with colleagues from other agencies on joint projects as approved by Director
- Note all client interactions in client files in a timely manner
- Record all hours on Time and Activity report
- Ensure confidentiality of all client records and information
- Report monthly, quarterly and annual statistics to appropriate funding sources
- Meet weekly with Executive Director for supervision
- Teamwork Orientation, Technical Capacity, Thoroughness, Time Management, Client Focus, Good Oral and Written Communication, Flexibility, Organizational Skills
Required Education and Experience:
A Social Work or related degree with previous case management experience required, A Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field is preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Driver’s License- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
Hours: This is a full-time position and core hours and days are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., requiring occasional evening and weekend hours.
Please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to
AA/EEO Statement: It is the policy of The Road Home to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, ancestry, physical appearance, income level, source of income, political beliefs, marital, genetic, student or veteran status, less than honorable discharge, arrest or conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by law.