Bring your families, friends and coworkers together and collect some basic necessities that can help ease our families’ transition back into housing.
Support Local Families in our Community!
This year, The Road Home will serve over 250 families and more than 500 children. Our families are strong and resilient, but their budgets are often tight. You can make a big impact in their lives today by donating basic household items to The Road Home. These donations go directly to families enrolled in our programs and go a long way to facilitating their transition back into stable housing. We accept donations in the following ways:
- Purchase items on our Wish List and deliver them to our office between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday. We are located at 890 W Wingra Dr on the south side of Madison. High-need items include:
- Diapers and wipes (Size 5&6)
- Paper towels and toilet paper
- All-purpose cleaning supplies
- Laundry detergent and bleach
- Garbage bags
- Dish soap and sponges
- Gift cards to local gas stations and grocery stores
- Hold a Wish List Drive at your workplace, congregation or organization. Contact Kyle VonRuden, Community Engagement Manager at 715-896-7528. Download a copy of The Road Home Wish List and help stock our donation closet today!
- Purchase household items from our Amazon Wish List. You can choose “The Road Home’s Gift Registry Address” at checkout to have items delivered directly to our office.
- We also have an Amazon registry specifically for Black hair care products, which are always in high-need among our families but are often overlooked by our community supporters.
For sanitary and safety reasons, please keep in mind that we can only accept new, unopened items. We also prefer full-sized (instead of travel-sized) items when possible. Please know that we have limited space for storage and clothing donations can best be used by our other nonprofit partners. If you have questions about items that can be donated, please contact or 608-294-7998. Thank you for your generous support!
Download a copy of The Road Home Wish List.