Bring your families, friends and coworkers together and collect some basic necessities that can help ease our families’ transition back into housing.
Can you help families in our community transition from homelessness to housing?
Families and children often arrive in our supportive housing programs without even the basic life necessities. Your gift of some of these necessities can remove pressure and ease their transition back into housing. Simple items like diapers, soap or gas cards are much appreciated by our families and go a long way in helping them return to independence.
Download and print The Road Home Wish List with our most urgent needs or scroll down to see it.
Wish List Drives
You can make a difference in the lives of homeless families with children by coordinating an activity to gather wish list items. Holding a “Wish List Drive” is a great way for congregations, businesses, schools, Scout troops, book clubs, or any other group to work together to make a difference. We can provide the donation bin and signage.
Fun Wish List Ideas
If you want to branch out beyond a drive, here are some fun ideas you or your organization might try:
- Hold a talent show/concert/movie night and charge wish list items as your admission.
- Ask guests to bring wish list items to your birthday party instead of gifts.
- Why stick to Christmas giving trees? Have a Valentine’s Day “heart tree” or Halloween “pumpkin patch” where people at your office or congregation remove a heart or pumpkin with one of the wish list items on it to contribute.
- Have your book club or soccer team put together a “welcome basket” with basic items a family would need when moving into a new apartment—things such as cleaning supplies and toiletries.
The Road Home’s Wish List
For sanitary and safety reasons, please keep in mind that we can only accept unopened items. We also prefer full-sized (instead of travel-sized) items when possible.
1. Toothbrushes and toothpaste (adult and child)
2. Cleaning supplies
3. Laundry detergent and bleach
4. Garbage bags
5. Dish detergent
6. Hair care products designed for African American hair
7. Gift cards – gas stations and grocery stores
Wish list items can be brought to The Road Home any weekday from 8 am – 5 pm. Questions? Contact Program Assistant Dana Palmer at email@example.com or 608-294-7998, ext. 304.